Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Is Over...

We had to make a mad dash to Logan yesterday and main street was a blast. All the business' for two blocks were giving out treats to all the little trick or treaters. Both sides of the street was loaded with all kinds of little scarry creatures. What a joy it was to see their happy faces and so excited with their hordes of candy they got.
We came home and waited, and waited, and waited. Thought Katie would bring Ethan and Adia over, but no. We waited and waited some more still no one came.
I fell asleep in my chair when finally the doorbell rang waking both Dick and I. Oh Boy!! some little ghosties at the door. There were three little ones wanting treats.
Then we waited and waited and waited and waited then again the door bell rang. I run to the door and there are three more little ones wanting treats.
Then we waited and waited and waited and waited then finally it was time to change back the clocks and go to bed so we could awake early to attend our church meetings.
I don't know why I even prepare for trick or treaters anymore. This year we had a whooping six kids come to our home. Not even the neighbor kids came.
The only good thing about Halloween was getting to sleep in an hour longer this morning.
Yeah for "Fall Back" time.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm sorry we didn't make it, I had a young women's thing all day long, and I got home just in time to rush off to a party we had been invited to. The kids remembered though. The next day I got the chew out session of a lifetime from one angry little girl who didn't get to go to "Canyon's Grandma's House".