Friday, September 23, 2011

My New Friends UPDATE

UPDATE……

My birds have been named!!!!

Since Gramps named the dog MUTT HEAD, EVAN TOLD HIM SHE GOT TO NAME THE BIRDS!!!!

THEY ARE RIO (yellow) and JEWEL (blue/white). 

There was no discussion on her part and when Gramps called them Louey and Bluey, she was very put out with his STUPID names.

DSCN4236

I have been wanting to get me some parakeets for a very long time.  When we lived in St. George many years ago, we had two of them.  One was a green parakeet and the other one was blue.  Brook named them Trixie and Dixie.  How she loved those birds and they in turn loved her dearly.  She would play for hours with them.  During our years in Denver, we also had parakeets, but when we left to move to Nevada our bishop’s family took our three birds.

I did have Buddy, the cockatiel, for a few years but he went to a home that could give him tons of attention.  After Nolan and Kelson moved to Denver, he was to lonely to be kept in a home where his days were spent alone.

I found these two beauties last night from KSL and the seller lived just three blocks from us.  They are hand raised and only two months old.  They are getting used to their new surroundings today and have been so fun to listen to.  I am so glad to have these two additions to my life and know that they will bring me hours of enjoyment in the years to come.

They have not been named yet as we are not sure it they are boys or girls.  That will take another two or three months.   One name for the blue one that I am partial to is Callie and the yellow one is Hannah.  I have even tried Hannah and Savannah since they are siblings.   Any ways, right now I am waiting for my two yea hoo’s to come and see them.  Maybe they will have some good names to pick from.

If you have good names for my pets, let me know soon.

No comments: