Monday, August 24, 2015

Compassionate Service and Things

This has been a different week for me.  I did give my talk on Sunday and felt accomplished with it.  Normally I am so nervous and scared when I have to do anything like that.  This time I felt completely at ease and very confident in presenting my talk.  It really helps when you are speaking on a topic that you are very familiar with and one that has been an example by your ancestors.

After sacrament was over, a sister came up to me and said that her grandfather was also Benjamin Franklin Johnson.  She comes from his first wife and somewhere along the way she has Martineau family.  Right from the first time I met her, I had such a strong sisterhood toward her.  Now I know why.

On Wednesday the 19th, we got our house guest that will be with us for the next 7 days.  Miss Maggie MacCourtney is visiting while her parents are in Mexico.  I have come to love her and she has filled a spot in my heart since my dear Patches.  She is so good and waits patiently for us as we get to know her schedule.  Maggie loves her nightly walk through the park.




I have been called to be the compassionate service leader in our ward.  This is a calling that I had in Elko and just loved it.  When they asked me to take the calling my heart was so overjoyed.  This is the best calling in the church and one that helps you get to know all the members in the ward.  I have had this calling for about  a month now.  

On Friday, Aug 21st we had a very tragic thing happen that has broken our hearts.  Little TJ Ramirez passed away.  On Wednesday he had just celebrated his 1st birthday.  As members of the church, we know that he only had to be here just a very short time before returning to our Father in Heaven.  He did not have to go through the trials the rest of us do.  We know and understand the plan of salvation and have that knowledge that he will be with his family once again and that Stephanie and Amir will get to raise him in the millanium.

Stephanie and Amir are very new members of the church and are amazing.  Today as I walked into the chapel there they sat as a family and stayed through the entire three hours.  I think everyone was amazed to see them so quickly after loosing their precious baby boy.  Stephanie was baptized along with her 8 year old daughter, Nicole, on April 11th.  The missionaries baptized her in the morning and then came and helped us move in to our house in the early afternoon.  I have felt a kinship to her for us both being new into the ward on the same day.  Amir was baptized about 6 weeks ago and they were married just a few days later.  I do love this family and my heart is so full of sorrow for them.  We will be having the funeral later in the week for sweet little TJ.

I have been blessed in my calling as I have made arrangements for meals to be taken in to this family.  Our sisters are so loving and willing to serve.  How very thankful I am that we moved into the Copper Basin Ward.

No comments: