Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Derek....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEREK!!!


Today as I reflect upon your life thus far, so many memories come to mind. My thoughts went back to the day you were born and how thrilled my heart was to have given birth to a beautiful baby boy.
As I prayed to my Father in Heaven, shortly after your birth, I remember thanking Him for sending me a healthy baby and promised that I would take care of and protect you with all my might. I also promised that I would raise you in a loving and happy home and teach you spiritually so you in turn would know the joy that comes in service to your Father in Heaven.
You have been such a joy in my life and I thrill with all the accomplishments that have been yours. You have been a great blessing in our lives right from the very beginning and still continue to be one.
Sports have always played an important part of your life and started very early with a love for horses, football and wrestling.

Your favorite place to be was with Grandpa and Grandma and you were with them every chance you got. They would take you for rides in the mountains and you would sit on the horse with Grandma. When you became tired, you would lay your little head against Grandma and take a nap. Oh how they love their boy.














You have been the best son that any parents could ever wish for. I thank my Father in Heaven for giving me the chance to raise such a strong spirit, one that is true to the teaching of the gospel and one that teaches his own children true principles. I am so thankful that you chose me to be your mother all those years ago when still in heaven and came into my life when I needed you so much.
Thanks for giving me two very precious grandchildren and a daughter so sweet and dear, but most of all thanks for just being my son. I love you dearly.
Happy Birthday today and may it be as special as you are.
Love you always and forever!!!!

No comments: