Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day...

I know that I am a day late in posting my thoughts for Father's Day. We had company and it was hard to formulate my thoughts yesterday.
First I want to wish Dick the best Father's Day ever. I know that he had a good day as Brook and Derek called to talk with him and Danielle and Wendy were here to see him and spend some time with him. Wendy, Meghan and I fixed him a delicious meal that was enjoyed by all. He got some really nice gifts that he has been wanting so that made him happy.

These are a few things I love about him:

  • I love the way he acts with the grandchildren and how he beams when they are around. His greatest fun is when he is teasing them and they tease back.
  • I love that he is a great father and cares deeply about his children. He is proud of the good men and women that they have grown up to be. He takes great pride in their accomplishments and is the first to brag about them when around others.
  • I love how he can take a piece of wood and makes the neatest cars and truck. What fun the grandchildren have when they come and they get to go out to the shop with Gramps and make their own cars. I love the excitement on their faces when they come in with their new treasure to take home.
  • I love how he likes to have our yard look beautiful and each year helps me plant all the flowers in the flower beds.
  • I love how he lets me know that I am his best friend and that he does not even like to go to the store unless I am with him.
  • I love his hugs and how that makes me feel safe and secure.
  • I love how he supports me in my ideas and how he helps me follow through with my plans.
  • I love his smile and his laugh. It is like music to my ears when he laughs with me even though sometimes I am laughing so hard I can't breath.
  • I love how thoughtful he is of my needs and wants.
  • I love him more and more each day and am glad that eternity is in our future together.

I can't let the moment go by without being thankful for other men in my life. I have a wonder father that taught me well. He gave to each child a strong sense of belonging and we knew that he loved us dearly. I love my father very much and am so thankful for his love in return. He is a great man and I am proud to be his daughter.

My sons are precious to me and I want them to know how proud that I am of the father's they are. Each one is so good and sweet with their children and they feel so safe and secure in their presence. I am a very lucky woman to have wonder sons in my life.

My grandfathers were strong and noble men. Men that we true to their beliefs and stalwart in the gospel. They were great men in the community and gave of their time to others. They gave me an awesome heritage that I am extremely proud of.

To all the men in my life, I do wish you the greatest Father's Day ever!!!

No comments: