Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Louise E. Harvey

Today would have been Grandma's 99th birthday. What a blessing she was in our family and is missed so very much. I loved my Grandma more than anything and wanted to be just like her. I was her first grandchild and started the process of many more to follow.
Grandma taught me many, many things from cooking to raising my children. I could go to her with any problem and she would stop doing whatever and listen, then give me advise that would better my life decisions.
She was with me when Danielle and Brook were born and held my hand through the birth of both girls. I was so proud to have her with me at this special time in bringing a spirit forth from heaven.
Each of her grandchildren were so important to her and she always made each one feel like they were the one that she loved the most. I remember how excited she was when Derek, the day before he turned seven months, started walking when we were visiting her at her house and it was a story that she told over and over.
I know that she has been with me many times since she left, as her presence has been felt strongly. In times of despair I know that she is holding my hand and guiding me along life's path and in times of joy I know that she is also with me.
Grandma was a woman so righteous and goodness radiated from her soul and gave to all in need. You could hardly wait to go to Gramdma's house as you knew she would give you anything you wanted. She could make a meal to feed many from her food storage or just opening the fridge and warming up leftovers. She was a cook to be envied.
I love you Grandma and miss you more and more each day. Thanks for molding me into the woman that I am today. The examples you gave, I try to follow each day of my life. I miss you so much and am looking forward to being held in your arms once again. Thanks for being my Grandma.

No comments: