Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bobbi

A few weeks ago I accidently came across the blog(s) of one of my very favorite people in the whole world.  What a thrill it is to read her thoughts , see the world in a new perspective and what a talented girl she is (she has to be talented because she is my niece).
My love for Bobbi goes way back to the day she was born.  How very excited I was when I found out she had finally arrived.  She was so tiny and adorable and my heart immediately melted and anything that she wanted she would get.  She is my first niece and I was finally an AUNT!!!! my greatest desires at that point in my life.
We moved to LaSal when Bobbi was just four months old and I would go see her everyday and we bonded fast and deep.  I would take her home with me for the day and spoil her royally then take her home (I think she is the one that put my grandparenting skills on track).
Bobbi was not very old when she decided she was going to run away.  Helen asked her where she was going and she told her "Aunt Kathy's".  Helen helped her pack a bag and sent her on her way.  She made it to the end of the drive and decided that "home" was a pretty good place to be.
We had the privilege of getting to have her in our home often.  Whenever Helen needed to help her father with the cows or on the ranch, she knew that my arms were open and ready to tend this special girl.  I remember how very broken my heart was when we had to move away.  I cried so hard and thought my heart was going to break in half.
I have not seen Bobbi for a few years because of miles between us, so when I found her blogs, man oh man, was my heart leaping for joy.  This was the best day of my life.  I am such a lucky person to have this beautiful woman in my life and even luckier to have her for my niece.  I love this girl with all my heart.
Thanks Bobbi for all the wonderful ideas and your thoughts that you share with me through your blogs.
I love you my precious girl.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Wow, what a cool surprise! I am sending you the biggest love ever. (((squeeze)))

I do remember running away to your house. If Lasal had sidewalks I would have made it. The gravel was just more than that old blue trike could do.