Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 4th...



Tomorrow is July 4th.  This is such an important day in our country's history.  Because of our forefather's and their zeal to win freedom, we are living in a free nation today.  We are able to worship our God continually.  We are able to enjoy freedoms that other countries cannot. 

Today I want to thank all those men and women that are or have served in the armed forces protecting our country against other nations.  A big THANKS  to all of you. 

My family has a history of military participation.  Thanks for all the hours that you have spent in this great cause of freedom.  Tomorrow as the fireworks are lit, I will be personally thinking of each of you.
 
To Derek:  you have served dilligently for over 21 years in the Air Force and are known world wide for your intelligence, integrity and character.  You are truly a son that we as parents are proud of.  You make being the parents of a soldier a dream come true.

To Richard:  you are just beginning your career in the Air Force and there are many adventures for you to experience in the years to come.  Your name will go forth in greatness as you achieve your goals in the medical field.  Oh, the many lives you will touch as you walk down the path of life.

To my dear husband, Dick:  You served so faithfully in the Navy.  You were just getting out when Viet Nam was beginning.  Your service in the military were years you will never forget.  There is a bond between servicemen that can't be replaced with others not associated with the military.  I love that you served dilligently.  My hero you will always be.

To Kendall:  Thanks for setting examples of goodness for my son.  You too were known worldwide for your intelligence on operations.  You were taken to many location of secrecy during your years in the service.  Thanks for being a man of valor and courage.  Thanks for being my brother.

To Uncle Jay:  You served in the Navy during the Korean War Conflict.  I remember seeing pictures of you wearing your uniform.  Man you were one handsome dude.  Your years in service were served with honor.

Many cousins and uncles served in the different branches of the military and you to will be remembered tomorrow.  Thanks for all your hours of service to your country.

I am so grateful to live in this country, the United States of America.  I am grateful for freedoms that we take for granted.  I love this country so much. Like so many that return after being out of the country for so long, I fall to the earth and kiss your gracious ground.

God Bless America!!!!

No comments: