Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Busy Busy Bee…

I have been so busy since we got back from Christmas.  I am trying to get Brook’s three little ones quilts finished before the big move.  Each quilt is made from fabric that is in my supply so the stock pile can be depleted to some degree.  I have two done and the third one, Brea’s, I have to decide on the shades of violet, lavender and cream that will go best with Raggity Ann’s red hair.

Hayden’s is the Little Fisher Boy.  It was so fun to make and I used scraps from the superhero capes that I make and the light blue was bought a couple of years ago.  When I bought it, it was intended to make something for Hayden.  The back is this same blue.  The circles remind me of water bubbles. 

DSCN4403

DSCN4405

Payton’s quilt top is from some fabric that I fell in love with and purchased enough  to make a quilt with for one of the granddaughters.  Well she was the lucky girl that got it.  I am so in love with Sunbonnet Sue and wanted this for her quilt.  Windblown Sue was picked for her center.  I even matched all the stripes on this quilt which took lots and lots of thinking (man I have a headache now)  The back of her quilt is the dress fabric.

DSCN4407

DSCN4409

Check back for Brea’s quilt top.  It will be started this week.  I have purchased two new quilting feet for my sewing machine and will be quilting a new way on these quilts. 

Love, love to quilt!!!

No comments: