Sunday, May 27, 2012

Table Runners

I have been making table runners for my family the past few weeks.  They are so fun to create for the loved ones in my family.

DSCN4712   DSCN4711

This is the table runner that I made for Mom for Mother’s Day.  I love the colors and since blue is her kitchen colors I thought she would like this one.  And she did!!!

DSCN4715

DSCN4716

DSCN4717

Danielle had a birthday on Friday, May 25th and we met her and Tony for lunch in Salt Lake City.  This is the table runner that was made for her.  She is my purple girl so of course hers had to have some purple/lavender in it.  I love this block  and want to make a quilt using this pattern in the near future.

DSCN4713 

DSCN4714

Kelly’s birthday is on the 29th but we gave her runner to her early.  We had intended for it to be on the table as her house was being viewed by potential buyers, but the day we got there with it her house sold.  She loves greens and browns and this matched her display colors perfect. Now it will be on her table in Louisiana.

I am in love with quilting and can hardly wait to start my next project.  With the table runners, I used, for the first time, the clear upper thread and a matching bobbin thread.  Wish I had been smart enough to do that on the quilts I made.  It makes the stitching so neat and tidy.

Well my next project will have to wait for a few weeks, as we are moving on June 5th.  After getting all settled then my machines will be working again.

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

They all look Great!

Tawna said...

So cute! I love the purple and green one, you are so talented.