Friday, January 25, 2013

My New Bike

DSCN5056

I am all ready for the Curry children when they get moved into our subdivision tomorrow.  We are planning on riding to each others houses and then going on bike rides around the blocks.

DSCN5058

I have had my eye on this bike for a long long time and today when we went to Wally World, there was only one left.  We debated on whether to get it now or wait, but then decided to get it as there were other people looking at the bikes.  This is a 24”  because my legs are so short that the 26” just would not work for this girl. 

I wanted a bike that had no frill and glamor, one with no gears and no hand brakes.  I really love this bike.  I can strap a basket on the back when we go riding and we can have a snack and some water when we get tired (that might be only a half a block for me).

We were walking 2+ miles every morning, but Dick’s leg is just to painful now so this is one way for me to get out and exercise more.  I am so anxious for those kids to get here.

Wish me luck and safe biking.  I almost crashed into a curb and a bush on my maiden voyage out today.  Plus not having been on a bike for years and years, I am a little shaky on it.

No comments: