Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New Chair…

This past week I have been working on a project for myself.  This never happens….so this makes me happy.

I was at an event and seen this chair for sale in another booth and I WANTED IT….BADLY.

DSCN5458

It was love at first sight and I had a vision going off in my mind of what I was going to do with this chair.  I brought it home and my craft master tighten the rickety chair for me with some glue and clamps.  I washed it down and got it all cleaned up.

I had some fabric that I wanted to make a padded seat with so the craft master got some good plywood from the orange  warehouse store and cut a seat for it.  Since I had lost my staple gun, we had to go to blue warehouse store and buy a new one.

Did you know that the orange store has 3” foam there now?  Way much cheaper than the same thing at the sewing  or craft stores.  SO… I got a sheet of that and cut out the padding for my chair.  3” was to thick so I cut it to 1” and wrapped it with quilt batting to hold everything in place.

I got my seat all done and this is my first time ever trying to upholster anything.  Then my craft master painted the chair a yellow with a brown glazing over it.  Love it!!!

Here is my finished product.

DSCN5459    DSCN5460

DSCN5461

I am in love with this chair and it will go in my bedroom.

No comments: