Saturday, March 22, 2014

Louisiana Bound…

Evan called me in August and wanted to know if I was going to come to her baptism in November.  Of course this grandma told her YES!!!!  I started to make preparations for this huge day in my granddaughter’s life.  I always give my grandchildren the pocket hymnal for their baptismal gift and asked Kelly to pick it up for me and have her name engraved on it (thank heavens Kelly knows just what I need).

Finally the awaited day came for us to leave.  We left La Sal on Thursday, November 22nd and had anticipated to arrive in Bossier City, LA in the late evening of the 23rd. 

Our first adventure of the trip began in Cortez, CO when Dick went to use our card to get gas and it was rejected.  I had to call the card company and let them know that we would be traveling for the next month and not to put a hold on the card.  We got that taken care of and then had to go to Wal-Mart to get new windshield wipers. 

Excitedly off we went and the next stop was in Gallup, NM.  Just before getting there we got into a rain storm (thank heavens for new wiper blades) that lasted for the next three hours.  We could see that we were not going to make our stop for the night in Texas and only made it to Santa Rosa, NM.  It was so cold when we got out of the car to get a room.  I thought our trip was suppose to be warmer than Utah, but that was not the case.

The next morning we took off and was in an ice storm for the rest of the trip.  As we got to Dallas, I got on the wrong road and we ended right in the middle of Dallas/Ft Worth airport.  We drove around and around and finally got out.  By now it is raining cats and dogs and dark.  We found a room and got some much needed rest.

We left bright and early the next morning in more rain but made it safely to Louisiana and were welcomed with open arms by our beloved family.  It was so good to finally land after a rough time on the roads and in storms.

No comments: