Friday, September 18, 2015

WOW...Another Set Back

This week I decided that it was getting time to put a quilt on the bed so I went to the closet to get a very special quilt that I have used for the last 39 years.  I have taken such great care of this quilt and I love it to pieces.  My Mom made Dick and I a quilt when we got married.  It was done in all white with dark pink wild roses appliqued on it.  For the binding, she did a double row of ruffles.  One was pink and the other was white.  Absolutely gorgeous.

When I looked in the quilt closet, the quilt was not there.  Frantically I looked in the other closets in the house and no quilt.  Nada, Nothing, Nowhere to be found.  Hurt and anger filled my heart and it shattered once again.  It was one of the items that was taken when our storage unit got broken into.  I wanted to scream, cuss and pound on the walls.  But once again I picked myself up, shook myself off and told myself that big girls don't act like that.  Broken heart all over again.  Nasty thieves.  That makes two special quilts that was taken by those good for nothing creeps.  Violation again.

I have been so busy making capes to send.  Our Etsy store is selling okay and only wish the orders would pick up.  It is so delightful when an order comes in and I can send capes to these cute little super hero girls and boys.

My calling as compassionate leader in the ward keeps me busy.  I am in the middle of helping a family get ready to say their final goodbyes to their mother.  Her funeral will be tomorrow.  I love my calling and so thankful for it.  It has been so long since I have had a church calling.  Being in this position helps you get to know all the members in a different manner.

I love my family very much and so thankful that God gave me the family I have.  When they hurt, I hurt.  When they rejoice, I rejoice.  I love each one to the moon and back a zillion, billion times.

No comments: