Friday, November 5, 2010

Dress for a Princess

This dress was made for my little Princess girl Tiffeni. 
She asked me a very long time ago (almost two years) to make a dress for
her and even picked out the fabric and pattern.
The jacket and hair accessory really compliments the dress
and will be so fun for her to wear.  She will look adorable
when she wears this dress to her dances or to church.
I have had to re-evaluate my life the past few weeks since General Conference.  The Saturday morning talk, Of Things That Matter Most, (go HERE) given by Dietier F. Uchtdorf, second counselor in the First Presidency, has really caused me to think about what matters most in my life. 
The past few years have been filled with stress, total consumption of my time and a feeling of having to delay what matters the most to me, which is my family. I hate having to put my family on the back burner and hoping that time will soon allow me to spend quality time with them. 
When I got to Colorado this last week, I told Tiffeni that I had something for her.  Her eyes got real bright and her smile was as broad as the sky and she said "you brought my dress".  In total embarrassment, I had to tell her no I did not bring her dress.  The look of disappointment tore deep into my heart that I had not put what matters most in my life first.  I had brought her a stupid purple crocheted hat, not the dress that she so dearly wanted. I could hardly wait to get home and get this dress made for her.  I worked hard for two days making sure that every seam was perfect and that this was one of my most perfect creations. The dress turned out as I had invisioned it to be.
This experience has taught me a valuable lesson and one that will not be forgotten anytime soon.  What matters most is FAMILY and keeping your word.  When you say that you will do something for them, you must take TIME and follow through. Tiffeni reminded me that I had promised to make her a dress and she has waited patiently for it.  She has never reminded me once in the last 22 months about not following through with a promise. 
Tiffeni, I love you dearly and you are one of my most special jewels.  You bring joy to my heart and a ray of sunshine to my soul.  Heavenly Father knew what He was doing when He sent you to our family.  You are what matters most in life.  You are truly a gift from Heavenly Father to me.

No comments: