Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...

Today I have been thinking of the many things that have blessed my life and the things that are most and dear to my heart.
I have a wonderful husband that supports my brillant ideas and dreams.  He is always there to pick up the pieces after me and is my soul mate.
Wonderful children have blessed my life and brought so much joy and happiness to me.  They are my best friends and I can confide in them when problems or joys arise in life.  They are true to what they have been taught and each is unique in their own little ways.
The crowning jewels in life for me are my grandchildren.  I love each one to pieces and could hold their hands for ever.  What wonderful hugs and kisses they give to me.  Life's joy is spelled - Grandchildren.  I would not like to be without those precious gifts from heaven.
My heritage is precious to me.  Life was given to me by fantastic parents.  They taught me righteously and gave me understanding of the worth of a soul.  My brothers and sisters are precious in my sight and there is not a day goes by that I am not influenced by them.
We have been blessed with a wonderful home that is warm and secure.  Joy and laughter abound within these walls and memories are formed daily. It's walls could tell tons of stories over the 102 years of its existance.
Who could not be thankful for neighbors that are near and dear.  Our neighborhood is the best and it is a joy just spending time talking and getting to know each one.  We have the best children that live next to us.  There are about 20 little ones that congregate on our front lawn during the summer eating the most delicious popcicles.
We live in a country where freedoms are enjoyed and we are able to worship our God as we desire.  Our freedoms are here because of those selfless men and women that so proudly serve their country.  Two very special people in my life are doing such right now.  My son and grandson both are active duty in the Air Force and proudly display patriotism each and every day.  Thanks Derek and Rich for your serving and helping to keep our land free.
My list of thankfullness could go on and on.  I could not end without being thankful to my Father in Heaven for His love and guidance that He gives me each and every day.  I am so thankful for the gospel and the teachings that direct me in all my thoughts and actions.  I have been blessed with spiritual knowledge and know that the Lord is my constant companion.
This has been a great day to review my life and the blessings that have been given to me.

No comments: