Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Snapshot of Last Week...

We have been so busy this past couple of weeks.  Got lots accomplished and had lots of fun.
Here are the things we got done in pictures.
Dick refinished all our kitchen chairs.  They were all the color of the seat and he painted them black.  He also painted the hall table by the picture wall black so it is ready to put the pictures back on the wall.
Evan came up and we painted the office a soft peach.  Too bad it does not show the true color in the pictures as it is so pretty with the white trim.
I found a treasure at DI and could not resist the purchase.  The frame was gold and the perfect size for my family tree painting.  Dick sanded the frame and painted it oil rubbed bronze (love, love it).  What a difference this painting is all framed and hanging on a freshly painted wall.  I moved my desk to that wall and now am sitting under this gorgeous painting where I can enjoy it constantly. 

Kelly and Derek brought this puzzel up a month ago and let me tell you it was the hardest thing I have ever attempted to put together. All the pieces are shaped identical making it that much harder. At one point I told Kelly to take it home that I was done, done, done with it.  Dad told her to leave it and I am glad to say that she did leave it on the table.  I put the last piece in two days ago and am anxious to start another one.
Today Dick finished a shelf for our dresser in the bedroom where all the electronic boxes and the tv are more compact.  At one time the units and the tv sat on top of the dresser.  He sure has some good ideas to make my life easier.
I have two more projects that one was completed today and the other one a few weeks ago that I want to blog about tomorrow.  I am so pleased with the outcome and can hardly wait to show them off.  Two projects completed and four more to go.

No comments: