Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Finished Bench

We were not happy with the look of the bench so…….the hubby took his palm sander and started distressing spots more so the yellow showed through the blue.  LOVE IT!!! that is the look I was envisioning for my bench.  

                    DSCN3899

Next he mixed up some black glaze and painted it on.  We let it set for several minutes then SOFTLY….first try I wiped it all off (big mistake)…got the hang of it real quickly.

                          DSCN3900

After it was all wiped down I went back and lightly buffed areas that were too dark for what I wanted.

                                DSCN3901  

                                          DSCN3903               

Now I LOVE this bench and can hardly wait to get it into my living room.                            

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I love it too!!! You guys are so creative.