Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happiness = Kalista

Today a dream came true for me and a day I have prayed would happen for several years was fulfilled.

I have my “Angel Niece” whom I love dearly and have not been able to visit with her for many years because visiting is stressful for Angel Girl.  My heart has ached to be able to be in the same room with her.  Being able to get to know her and for her to get to know me has been only a dream I feared would never come true. 

Today Mom and I went to Moab to deliver gifts to Jim, Bobbi and Kalista.  Oh how my heart was filled with excitement at the thought of getting to see Kalista.  I was very apprehensive because we never know how she is going to react to strange faces.  Not only was I excited to see Kalista, but also to see my sweet Bobbi.  Arms were wide open as I walked in and hugs and kisses were shared.  I love this girl so much and miss her dearly.

Bobbi took us into the living room where Kalista was and the reception was perfect.  She got a beautiful smile on her face and was so happy to see me.  We both have names that start with “K” and that was exciting to her.  She just was so happy for the entire visit.  She would look at me and smile the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.  It was a true angelic smile.

Today my heart was filled with happiness and was shared with Kalista.  This was truly the best Christmas gift given to me, moments of sharing with my Angel Girl. 

Angel Girl, I love you dearly and wish you the merriest of Christmas’ ever.  Thanks for your gift of happiness to me this day.

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

It was SO great to get to see you! It made my day. Kalista really loves you... "Nat Kaky".. thats how she says your name. =)

Kathy said...

That is the sweetest name I have ever been given. I love her so much and hopefully will get to see her more often.
My day was also made when I got to see you. You will never know just how much I love you. You are the dearest person in my life and always will be. LOVE YOU!!!