Sunday, February 26, 2012

Aunt Mary

Aunt Mary

Today my thoughts are of my Aunt Mary and the love that I have for her.  She is my mother’s younger sister and she has helped me in so many ways. 

Aunt Mary has never been judging about others and always has held her arms open wide to put around you when you needed them.  She would laugh with you or cry with you, depending upon the situation.

As a child, she would take me for a couple weeks during the summer to stay with them.  I enjoyed being in her company and learning different things from her.  Her laughter could be heard all the time.  There was never a dull moment when she was around.  Aunt Mary was never a woman that raised her voice to anyone.  She was always so soft spoken and had loving words for everyone.

This past week Aunt Mary fell and received a nasty blow to her head.  She was life flighted to University Hospital in Salt Lake where she had surgery.  Her sweet family has some very tough decisions to make in the coming days as she struggles to wake up.  My heart aches for them and for her.

Today some of us are gathering by her bedside, for what will probably be our last goodbyes to her.  This is a woman that has lived a very good spiritual life and is well prepared to meet the Savior as she returns back to her heavenly home. 

Aunt Mary, I love you dearly and thank my Father in Heaven for your sweet spirit.  Somehow your spirit found its way in finding me and helped direct me in wanting more righteous desires in my heart.  You are truly one of God’s most chosen Angels.

No comments: