Monday, February 20, 2012

Dad’s Quilt

DSCN4428

This is the quilt I made for Dad’s 80th birthday.  I had this picture of Dad roping in Mesquite, NV and had it screen printed onto the white fabric for the center of the quilt.  My Dad loves the color blue, so of course that is the color that the quilt had to be.  This is my first quilt that I used the sewing machine to do the actual quilting.  I am very pleased with the outcome.

DSCN4429

I love the diamonds in the center, and then I just hand quilted around the horse and steer.

DSCN4431

Look at the dust around Black’s feet as he does his stuff for Dad.  He sure was a good friend and had an undying love for Dad.

DSCN4516

This is my cute little Dad with his quilt after his party.  Isn’t he just the cutest little feller.  I love you so much Dad.  Enjoy riding in your dreams with Black again as you take your afternoon siesta.

No comments: