Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Derek…

Dear Derek,

I know that it has been more than two weeks since your birthday, but I still wanted you to know that you are a constant thought to me.  There is not a day goes by that thoughts of you don’t cross my mind.

You have been the very best son that any mother could have ever been blessed with.  The joy you have brought to my life is hard to describe as there are not enough words to express this joy.

I was the lucky one to have been blessed with such a precious and strong spirit the day you were born.  How proud I was to hold you, care for you and raise you into a fine young man.  At that time I stepped back and let you continue down the path of life, but didn’t stay to far away.  Just far enough to watch, but close enough to catch you if you needed help along the way.

I love you with all my heart and so thankful that you are my son.  I constantly pray for your well being and hope that all your aspirations come true.  May your goals be attained and all your dreams be lined with silver and gold.

Thanks for being that special man in my life that I admire highly.  You make my life complete.  Thanks for being you.

Love always from your Mom.

No comments: