Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Miss Brea’s New School Dresses

DSCN4896

Today I made Brea a new dress for school.  She only wants to wear dresses so this grammy has been busy trying to get her some new clothes made.  I have tons of fabric to work with so she can have all she wants.

This dress is made using a t shirt I bought on sale at Wal Mart for $2.50.  I made an underskirt and then sewed ruffles to the underskirt using colors that were in the shirt.

DSCN4898

This dress is so full!!!! the bottom ruffle is over 200 inches long.  Thought I would never get finished putting that sucker together and sewn on to the middle ruffle.  This will probably be her most favorite as it will twirl the biggest circle.  What a girl we have here.

I made this skirt for her last week….

DSCN4876

and she absolutely loves this dress (also made from a t shirt) and wants to wear it everyday.  The skirt is real full and she loves to dance and twirl and see how far the skirt will go out.   It has been fun sewing for her as she loves each new dress that I make. 

No comments: