Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Reunion....

Last night my Mom called to tell me that my uncle, Kenneth Miller, had just past away. She said that he had prostate cancer and the cancer had spread to his bones. Last week Mom said that he was trying to get out of his wheelchair and as he was lifting himself he broke his hip and an arm. He leaves behind his three daughters, Kenna, Della and Sheila plus his second wife, Peggy.

When Mom told me he was gone, all I could think of was the "happy reunion" that was taking place at that very moment in heaven. Aunt LaRee, my Dad's younger sister, past away in the mid 1990's and their son, Michael past away in April of 1969. All my mind could see were arms wrapped around him from those that were anxiously waiting his arrival. I can just see Michael reaching out to embrace his father whom he hadn't seen in almost 40 years and saying, "Come, Dad, hold my hand and let me show you the way". Aunt LaRee would have wrapped her arms so tightly around him and whispered words of love to him and told him how very much she has missed him and how grateful she was that they were together again. Sweet Aunt LaRee was probably so gitty with happiness. I can see our dear Ofie and Ralph, his parents, as they held their arms open widely to embrace their son and to welcome him home to heaven. I can just hear Ofie saying, "Well, Kenneth, what took you so long to get here".

A few years before Aunt LaRee past away, Uncle Kenneth joined the church and then later they were sealed as an eternal family in the temple. What a joy it is to know that we have eternal families and that we will see them again when we cross the veil. I am so glad that they lived their lives in such a goodly manner that they can stand before their Father in Heaven and know they are worthy to be in his presence.

My heart aches for those left behind, but Uncle Kenneth lived such a good life and was so ready to go and be rid of the pain he had endured lately. His daughters each have the knowledge and teachings of the gospel and know that they will be together and that they are an eternal family. The days will be long and lonely for them as they proceed on in life. Over the next few days, I hope that they can feel the love and prayers of others, as they prepare to lay their father to rest next to his sweet LaRee and precious Michael. Angels are with them. Let them feel the strenth of the Lord as He holds them in His arms and comforts their aching hearts.

No comments: