Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Danielle


What a joy it has been to have you for a daughter. The day you were born, I was in a meeting and went into labor at 11:50 am. My attorney asked me if he needed to take me to the hospital, but I said "no not yet". At 12:00 another pain hit hard and I decided that I had better leave and get to Grandma Harvey’s house so she could take me. Then at 12:10 as I was getting to her house another pain hit and I knew that you wanted to make your grand entrance.

I hurried into the house but Grandma was not inside so I ran out the back door and there she was planting her garden. I told her it was time to go and she ran into the house and got cleaned up and then the hospital was the next stop. You came into the world at 1:34 on Monday, May 25, 1970.
You were the only baby girl in the nursery along with six little boys. The nurses would carry you all over the maternity ward saying you were the cutest baby they had ever seen. I am not to sure that set to well with the other mothers, but I sure was proud of you. Your features were so tiny and your coloring was so rosy and clear and I immediately started to call you “Little Rosebud”.
Your first night was a little complicated as you decided that breathing was not important and the doctor had to work with you and give you oxygen for a short period of time. After that scare you learned that taking breaths was very important and we did not have any more problems after that.

You were always such a fun little girl and would make us laugh with your funny ways and sayings. One year, I think your 10th birthday, you got as some of your gifts a new dress and some snorkel equipment. You put on the dress and snorkel goggles and mouth piece, jumped on your bike and rode up and down the road thinking you were the coolest kid on the block. Aunt Helen came over to see you and was laughing so hard at the sight before her eyes and said you were the funniest girl she ever knew.
I would get so mad at your Uncle Lane for teasing you so much when you were little. Well he got his deserved punishment when you got older and could dish it out as well as he could. Every time the two of you are together the teasing begins and never ends until one of you have to leave to go home.
You were truly your Grandma Jacque’s little girl and it was her arms that you always wanted to be in. You and her have been best of buds and always will be. The love you two share with each other is very special and precious.
You have grown into a beautiful young woman that we as parents are very proud of. Our love for you is deep and you bring much joy to us. You have given to us four grandchildren so precious and dear which is the greatest gift of all.
Thanks for being a special daughter. Enjoy your day and remember that we love you dearly.












HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELLE!!!!!!




No comments: