Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kelly Ann Madsen


In July of 1994 Dad and I had gone to Phoenix for a visit with Derek just after he got stationed at Luke AFB from Germany. One evening we were BBQing out by the pool, when the cutest young lady walked by and yell "Hi" to Derek. As a mother needing to know everything, I asked him who she was. He said "Oh, just a girl that lived in the apartment next to mine". I asked if she was single and of course he said he thought so and I (being in my motherly mode) told him he should ask her out. His response was "Oh, Mom".
Well, she was persistent and one day out by the garbage dumpster she asked him to go out with her to some place (I don't really remember the details other than she asked him out first).
The first time we offically met her was in April 1995, when Derek brought her home to Denver to meet us and for the baby blessing for Tiffeni. We immediately fell in love with Kelly and was so thankful that Derek finally got his duckies in a row and found a girl that would make him happy and be the best wife in the entire world for him. They were married on May 6, 1995 in Las Vegas. Oh how very happy we were to have this beautiful young woman in our family.


One of our favorite early memories of Kelly was during our family trip to Granby Lake in Colorado. She was the great Fisherwoman of the bunch and ended up catching everyones fish limit. Derek even had to carry her out to the rock that Dad had found and there she perched upon the rock and fished until her heart was content.



We were so happy when Derek and Kelly were sealed for time and all eternity in the St. George Temple. She was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever layed my eyes on.
Kelly is one beautiful woman not only on the outside, but her inner beauty is the envy of many. Her heart if made of gold and she is in the service to her family, friends and neighbors all the time. Kelly is like a magnet and others are attracted to her.


I love Kelly very much and one of the greatest joys in my life was being with her and Derek the day that Evan Makell (I call her "Heavenly Evan" because she is my gift from Heaven) was born. Nothing is more beautiful that being with your child and sharing the birth of a grandchild. This was the first time I had actually been in the room as a grandchild entered the world and it was an experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life. She has given to me two most precious bundles of joy to love.

Happy Birthday, Kelly!!!! I love you dearly and thank my
Father in Heaven daily that you are a part of my life.
You are one very special daughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory