Thursday, March 1, 2012

Brea’s Quilt

DSCN4521

Today I finished Brea’s quilt.  I chose Raggedy Ann done in lavender (wisteria) and beige colors to make this quilt. This completes the set for Brook as Kelson has Raggedy Andy and Nolan got Arthur the Dog when they were little.  She has been wanting her other quilt for a very long time (5 years) and now it is done.

DSCN4522

This quilt is done on the machine except for the flower motif's surrounding Raggedy Ann.  I even did free motion quilting around Raggedy Ann and the detail inside the rest was done with the walking foot for the straight lines.  This is a twin size and not to sure my poor arms could handle a quilt any larger.

DSCN4523

On the back I used a light beige that had a darker print then bound the quilt in the lavender (wisteria) with a decorative stitch to secure the binding.

DSCN4525

I am pleased with the out come and anxious to get this to my sweet granddaughter.

No comments: