Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Payton’s Quilt…

DSCN4549

Tonight I finished Payton’s quilt.  I chose Windblown Sunbonnet Sue for her quilt.  I found this fabric a couple of years ago and had to have it.  It sat on the shelf for all that time just waiting to be made into a beautiful quilt.  As I was making the top, I began to wonder if I would ever get it done.  So much matching of lines and soon my head was aching furiously but with persistence, I got it done.

DSCN4550

This quilt is done entirely on the sewing machine and I must have been out of my mind as I started to sew diamonds on the quilt, but diamonds are a girls best friend, right.  It took me four hours just to sew this center white piece and thirty minutes for each green square (there are 12 of them).

DSCN4551

I started the quilt on Saturday afternoon and finished at 10:30pm tonight.  Lots of long hours were spent on this quilt, every second were spent with loving thoughts of my precious Payton.

DSCN4553

I love the green binding and the back. So very Payton….she is my sweet little pink girl.

Love you tons and tons Paytie Pooh!!!!

Well now it is time to put the sewing room in storage and get this move done.  I promised that as soon as these three quilts were done, I would pack the house.  We are trying to be out before we leave for Louisiana next Friday.  Wish me luck.

No comments: