Friday, March 9, 2012

Hayden’s Quilt…

DSCN4527

Today I finished my Hayden  Boy’s quilt. It is a twin sized cause he is a big boy now.  I know that he will just love it.  I have been wanting to do the Little Fisher Boy quilt for several years.  I think I made one for my nephew, Paul, when he was a baby and now he is a surgeon and has three little ones of his own.

DSCN4528

The fish is cut from a piece of fabric that had all kinds of fish on it and this just had to go on this quilt. The quilt is made from scraps that I had from the superhero capes that I make (I am through making black and blue quilts. This is my fourth one in 14 months).  This quilt is done entirely on the sewing machine, not hand quilting at all.

DSCN4531

The back is some fabric that I purchased a couple of years ago and had Hayden in mine at the time of purchasing it. I love the little circles and the blue fabric.  I bound the quilt in black and really like the contrast.

Little Man, Grammy sure loves you and hope that you enjoy your quilt.

No comments: