Monday, July 30, 2012

OOPS!!!

Tonight we decided to have a bbq with steak, mashed potatoes with brown gravy, salad and corn on the cob.  I got my portion of the meal ready and had it warming on the stove.  I had everything done except for thickening the gravy. 

Dick told me I had about five minutes left before the steaks were ready so I got the gravy thickened and reached up into the cupboard and got the Kitchen Bouquet to make my brown gravy rich in color.  I replaced the cap and was putting it on the shelf…OH CRUD…WHAT HAVE I DONE…WHAT DID I PUT IN MY GRAVY….there sat the brown bottle of Kitchen Bouquet and I am holding a brown bottle of vanilla.   YES VANILLA!!!  I hurry and take the gravy pan to the sink and try to get as much vanilla out as I possibly can, return to the sink and this time put the correct stuff in the gravy.

I started to laugh and was nearly doubled over when Dick came in.  I was laughing so hard he could not tell if I was crying or what was going on.  I tried to tell him, but the laughter was so strong and I could not even catch my breath long enough to tell him.  I finally got calm enough to let him in on the “joke” and then he started laughing.

We sat down to a very lovely meal and ate our Vanilla Gravy on our mashed potatoes and just giggled through our meal. 

If anyone is needing the recipe, I would be more than happy to send it to you.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

so.... was it great? =D