Saturday, September 13, 2008

Richard


We only have two more days with Richard before we take him to Salt Lake and leave him at the motel on Monday. He has been such a God given blessing for us this summer. I know that he sacrificed being with his family this summer, but he has been busy and happy these 2 1/2 months that he has been with us. It has been so fun having him here and renewing our acquaintances with him.

I remember back in June being devastated and not knowing what to do as Dick was scheduled for all of these doctor appointments. We did not know whether he would have to have surgery on his hand and knee. One day I was talking to Danielle and without hesitation she told me that all would be okay that Richard could come help us if needed. She talked with him and immediately he was more than willing to come for the summer. Little did he know that he would have a fun filled summer working events and helping around the house.

I have watched him these past months and find him trying to be exactly like his Grandpa. He still wants to be his little shadow and is with him every minute of every day. He loves helping with the woodworking projects and has painted 24 ducks while here and has made his own double decker bus. He keeps the garden harvested and is so thrilled with what he brings in each time. The lawns keep mowed and our yard does look good. He has picked out fabric for me to make the pillowcase dresses and beams with delight when I get one finished.

This morning we were talking and I told him how happy I was that he was finally getting out and going to Lagoon with Bethany. I said that he has been with us "old foogies" and hasn't had much fun with kids his age. He looked at me as said "You and Pop's aren't old, you are awesome grandparents". I just wanted to hug and kiss him as this just make my heart swell with pride. Most kids don't think their grandparents are "cool" at that age.

I am going to miss him more than words can say. I know that this will be a great adventure for him and this is what he is suppose to be doing at this stage of his life. He is so anxious for Monday to come. I love seeing the anticipation in his face. He is a wonderful young man and I am proud to be his Grandmother. I love you Rich.

No comments: