Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Farewell My Friend....

Today my friend of 31 years has passed on to the great beyond. I will miss my friend immensely and nothing will ever replace the hours of joy that was brought into my life by its usage. There was not a day during these past 31 years that this friend was not touched by either myself or a member of my family. My friend, "Magna Wonder Knife" was purchased from the DI store in Provo, Utah during the spring of 1978 for $1.00. I thought I had found the best bargain of a lifetime. The handle was so white and the blade untarnished. We took our new knife home to La Sal, Utah and it has made every move that we have made and was our constant companion through thick or thin. Now its handle is yellowed from age, broken, chipped and the blade will not stay where it belongs. Our beloved friend is not safe to use anymore. Now when I open my utensil draw, my friend's memories will only be there. We will remember well the thousands of loaves of bread that was cut with it. There is not a knife on the face of the earth that could cut hot bread fresh from the oven like my friend and each slice was uniform in shape and size. Cutting a roast was a treat with using this knife as each slice was exactly the same in serving size. My life sure was made easier with this knife and it will be hard to not have you.
May your life be full in "knife heaven" and that you will be able to fullfil all your wishes there. Until we meet again, old friend, thanks for all the joy that you brought into our family. We will miss you very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are such a dork mom that knife i thought you lost years ago because i was going to steal it so i could cut bread even. well you should go to the di and see if they still have them and if they do get me one to.

Katie said...

So sorry for your loss.
I nominated you for a blog award:
http://eberlingadventures.blogspot.com/2009/07/they-like-me-they-really-like-me.html

The Curry Family said...

my heart breaks for you loss... i know you will go on, but with a hole you will never be able to fill in you heart. i love you... be strong...