Friday, July 10, 2009

What a day this has been

This morning bright and early we got in the truck to run errands and it would not start. We have a truck that starts without a key, never turns off properly, or just runs the battery dry. I am so tired of the guess work each time we get in it anymore.
With a quick jump from the car, we got the truck running again and took off to do the errands, not shutting it off while gone. All seemed to be going great and didn't have any more problems for the rest of the morning.
We were headed down the freeway to Farmington to set up for our event in the morning when we hit a rough spot in the road (mind you in Utah there are rough spots in the road continually, our state sign is the orange construction cone) and I heard a sound like something was dragging. Last year we lost an A-frame off the top of the truck so was a little worried that maybe something had fallen off the truck again. We pulled over and I got out to check and make sure all was riding well on our load. Nothing was out of place and everything looked just fine. I was walking back to get in and happened to notice that the tail pipe was not connected to the muffler and was dragging on the ground.
Dick got out and tied it up with a bungee cord. Sounds good to me, I thought to myself. Then on our way we head again. All goes well, until we get to our booth and I noticed that the heat from the exhaust melted the bungee cord, but the tail pipe was still attached to the muffler.
We are now carrying the tail pipe in the back of the truck and hopefully it will be able to be temporarily attached to the truck until we have time to take it in for a new muffler.
Sometimes I fell like a hillbilly with how our vehicles are starting to act up.
I DON'T WANT A CAR PAYMENT RIGHT NOW, PLEASE VEHICLES, JUST DON'T FALL APART RIGHT NOW ON US!!!!

No comments: