Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Part 2

The little ones slept in on Christmas morning, which was surprising because the night before they were so anxious for the arrival of Santa.  We opened our gifts then had breakfast.  Then Canyon and Evan played with their toys until we had our Christmas dinner.  The dinner was excellent and as usual I ate more than my tummy could hold.  We stayed Christmas night with them which is always fun.
These are my gifts from Derek, Kelly, Canyon and Evan. Of course there are no pictures of the gifts that Dick got. He received some very nice tools and they made their way to his shop as soon as we got home.

I started to get a horrid headache after dinner and took a nap, then layed on the couch dozing on and off.  During the night it got worse and I just kept praying that it would go away as knew what was causing it.  I had only planned on staying until after Christmas dinner and then coming home so I did not take my medications with me.  Big mistake!!! Sunday morning I got up early, took a shower and told Dick that we needed to get home.  We got packed up and left.

We arrived home just shortly after 9, I took my meds, put on my new pj's from Canyon and Evan, crawled under the quilt Danielle gave us and slept until after 1 in the afternoon.  When I woke up the headache had subsided, but because I had missed four doses, my body was weak and shaking.  This lasted for a couple of days and by Tuesday I felt back to normal.

We took the tree down on Tuesday, got all the decorations packed and taken downstairs then took all the canning supplies and put them on their shelves downstairs.  I vacuumed all the floors then scrubbed the tile floors.

We sure did have a wonderful Christmas and thanks to everyone that helped our holiday be the best.  Thanks to all that thought of us this year and for the gifts that you so graciously gave to us.  Your thoughts were greatly appreciated.  We hope that everyone had the best Christmas ever.