Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Motherhood....

Today we went to Provo to attend the funeral of Zella's sister, Donna Norton. What a beautiful woman she has always been. My memories of her are etched so deeply in my heart and I will always remember how she so willingly accepted me into the family right from the start. I loved her beautiful black hair and oh!! what an elegant woman she was. I loved her dearly and am so thankful that she was a part of my life.

One of her sons gave a talk today about how important her family was to her. Blaine and Donna were the center of the family and they all gathered around them. Grandchildren were most important to her and she was always in the service to others. She taught her children and grandchildren the importance of having mother in the home and that motherhood was the most important calling a woman could hold. She had 7 children, 46 grandchildren and 101 great grandchildren when she passed away. #101 was born last night and I am sure that she was so excited to meet this baby boy and bring him to earth to be born to goodly parents.

As Chuck was talking, I thought how Donna and I have so much in common in our beliefs about motherhood. I have always believed that the mother should be the one raising the children and "mommycare" is 100% better than daycare. I am so thankful that my children have seen to it that mommy is in the home. This is due to the fact that each spouse is willing to work those hours required to allow mommy to be home where she belongs. Sometimes it requires following a strict budget and not getting the nice things in life that others might be enjoying. Who needs the fancies in life? They are only earthly possessions and cannot be taken with you when you leave this life. What really counts is the love of family and being there when they need you. What is in your heart is what you will take with you.

Thanks Derek, Tony and Elton for following the Prophet's instructions and seeing to it that Kelly, Danielle and Brook have been able to be "stay at home Mom's". I love you dearly for this and your rewards will be great.

I love being a mother and the rewards are numerous. There is not a day that goes by that I do not take the time to reflect on my children and the joys that they have brought into my life. When I see my children suceed in life, then I know that I have been a blessed woman. My greatest calling in life is being a grandmother. I might not have been the perfect mother, but I can say that I am the world's best grandmother. I love my grandchildren so much and hold their love deeply in my heart. How I miss the ones that do not live very close to me and me not being able to spoil them rotten. I love each of you and hope that you can feel my love and prayers for you daily. Thanks kids for giving me the most perfect grandchildren in the world.

Some of my greatest blessings call me Grandma!!!!

No comments: