Monday, May 23, 2011

Beauty in the yard

DSCN3883

My hyacinth was the first to bloom.  This came in a clump of tulips that Mom sent to me.

                 DSCN3884

These little anemones  Kelly gave to me for my birthday last year and they actually bloomed right through the winter. 

   DSCN3932DSCN3933

My tulips were so gorgeous.  Last fall I dug up the tulips that were in the back yard and planted them around the tree out front.  They lasted for the longest time and I was so sad when the last petal fell off this weekend.

With all this rain we sure have been having beautiful green lawns and beautiful flowers.  The lilacs are so fragrant this year.  I want to plant more of them so my yard will be smelly all spring long.

                               DSCN3650

One of our Mr. Lincoln rose bushes had two huge flowers on it and the other one has three buds.  When the roses are in bloom, our entire front yard has the sweetest smell.  Mr. Lincoln is the most robust in fragrance that I have ever smelt.  I sure am lucky to have two of these beauties in my front yard.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I Love this post! I think we are a lot alike.