Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Planting is so fun…..

Today has been so busy for us.  We started the day finishing cleaning and stocking the concession trailer for our first event on Friday.  We will be at the Bird Fest held at the Davis County Fair grounds. 

I decided that I was tired of doing the hard labor and went to Wal-Mart to get some herbs to put into my Topsy Turvy that I got for Mother’s Day.  While there my mind remembered that I needed some herbs for my herb garden also.  In my Topsy Turvy I planted three tomato plants, a basil, a cucumber and a bell pepper.  This is going to be neat when they start growing.

In the herb garden I planted a bell pepper, some more basil, a parsley (lost mine this winter), a rosemary (lost this one also) and two bush cucumbers.  I already had chives, lavender, oregano, grapes and honeysuckle.

Our soil is so bad that I am not able to have a normal garden, but is was still therapeutic for my soul.  Sometimes you just need to get soil on your hands and smell the fresh turned dirt.  Next year we are planning on doing the raised garden scene and see if I can grow some vegetables.

1 comment:

chapman family said...

That is what we are doing this weekend. We also decided to go with a raised garden.