Friday, May 20, 2011

A Little Surprise

DSCN3971

This fall I bottled some very delicious grape concentrate from concord grapes that I got from Kyle.  It turned out so perfect and has the best flavor.  It is so easy to fix by adding a little sugar and three parts water to the concentrate.  It tastes just like the frozen juice you buy.

This morning I wanted grape juice for my breakfast and grabbed a bottle of the pantry shelf.  I proceeded to fix it and it just did not have the flavor and left a very bitter taste in my mouth.  I added more sugar, but the bitterness was still there.  I could not figure what was wrong.  I filled my glass with this rich juice and took my handful of morning pills…….and then it dawned on me…..I had not opened a bottle of grape juice but instead opened a bottle of chokecherry juice that Danielle had given me to make chokecherry syrup.

Now from looking at the two jars in the picture can you tell which one is grape and which one is chokecherry?  I can NOW.  Chokecherry has the sediment at the bottom of the jar not the grape juice.  I should have know because I write on the jar flat what is in the jar. 

It is all Danielle’s fault that I nearly died this morning when I drank my juice.  I called her and let her know that when she sends things  to me they MUST be marked because I can’t tell the difference between certain things.  The poor girl nearly died laughing at me.  Well it was pretty funny even if I was on the laughing at end.

I am just going to add more sugar and thicken the juice to make syrup for pancakes when Brook’s family comes on JUNE 10th (oh happy day).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My FAULT I think NOT! You are a silly momma. I did not mark it because for one i was moving and did not think about it and for another I only have chokecherry juice so I did not need to worry about it. But I am glad you labeled the other jar so you will not be confused now! love ya

Anonymous said...

This is the Tiffster! at least it is not as bad as being lock in your very own closet and I called Hawaii for help....

Bobbi said...

You girls are funny!

I would have no idea which one was what...