Sunday, June 5, 2011

In His Arms…

Today has been emotional for me and as I sat in fast and testimony meeting tears just would not stop.  There was such an overwhelming amount of thankfulness in my heart for blessings that our family has received this past week and a half from our loving and gracious Father in Heaven.

Just briefly going back to Wednesday, May 25th when Nolan was injured and had to be air lifted to the hospital.  I remember at 2:30 becoming very agitated to the point that I could not calm down.  My body was shaking so hard and nothing would stop the shakes.  I told Dick that I did not know what was wrong with me and that the agitation was getting worse.

I remember sitting in my chair trying to stop shaking.  Sometimes when I get these bouts of shaking, I can sit in my chair and very tightly press my back into the back of the chair and they will subside, but not this time.  I was totally miserable and useless to my self and my family. 

At this same time Nolan was being tossed through the air and receiving the medical help that was needed to get him ready to be air lifted to the hospital.

At that very moment of time our Father in Heaven  wrapped his arms about Nolan as he was flying through the air.   He gently laid him on the ground only letting minor injuries befall his body.

Heavenly Father made a miracle out of a situation that could have been so tragic.  Today we are rejoicing that our Nolan is alive, healthy and happy instead of attending services to honor his short life.

My testimony this day is I know that God does hear our pleas that are sent heavenward.  That he does protect us from harms way.  I am thankful that Nolan was not hurt worse than he was and that he is still with us today.

I am also grateful for Heavenly Father putting His arms about Brook in her hours of anguish and trauma.  With His over abundance of love, she was given the strength she needed in order to attend to her child’s needs.  She was able to give him the comfort that he needed and be with him in a calming way.

Today I am thankful for a loving Father in Heaven and for his strong arms that encircle us in such a loving way.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I'm so glad he is ok. xoxo