Monday, June 27, 2011

Our Week In A Nutshell….

My life has been a roller coaster the past couple of weeks with two events now under the belt.

We met Tony and Danielle on June 14th in Salt Lake to pick up Tiffeni and Cody.  They both wanted to work this summer so Grandpa said they could.

We went to Logan Summerfest on June 16-18 and had a fantastic event.  I love going to this event as the staff is so fun to work with.  We met a lot of our fellow concessionaires there from our past events.  It is always fun to trade stories and share our friendship.

On Sunday June 19th, Derek, Kelly, Canyon, Evan, Wendy, Carl, Kameron and Mason came and brought Father’s Day dinner for Dick.  We did have a fun time.  The best part was just spending time as a family… AND….I did not have to cook.  The guys did it all and Kelly made the most scrumptious salads and Key Lime pie.

We spent a busy week running everywhere that was needed to get ready for Syracuse Days on June 24-25th.  On Friday morning my cute niece, Tawna, called to see if we were going to be there this year.  Phoenix was so wanting to come visit us.  I told her to come over after 5:00. 

When Phoenix got there, she was so excited and was beaming like a ray of sunlight when she seen us.  I love that kid so much.  She had to show me her tumbling acts and told me that she was getting a new baby brother.  Maddox was a little standoffish but when it was time to go I got the bestest hug from him.  He is the cutest tow head, blue eyed little boy.  He steals my heart when I see him.

Our event was good and this year we were placed in the perfect spot with shade all day long.  It has taken me six years to get that spot.  Krista does a good job organizing the event and is so fun to work with.

Danielle drove over from Nevada yesterday and picked up Cody and Tiffeni.  She was here for 15 minutes and then was back on the road.  It was a very long day for her, but Cody was ready to go home and missed his family.  It was fun having the kids here and our house sure is quite.

This week is filled with work, work, work and more work trying to get things ready for Quilted Bear and our July 4th event in West Point.  My to do list is very large and slowly I will get all the chores done that are on the list.

It was announced last night at the fireside that the Angel Moroni will be set on our temple on July 12th at noon.  Excitement is going through the air.  We can see the temple spire's from our house and it is so fun to see each piece go into place. We will be there with bells on waiting for this occasion to happen.

This is our life in a nutshell for the past weeks. 

No comments: