Monday, June 13, 2011

My Birthday…….

5

My birthday was on Thursday, June 9th.  I love my birthday as I get to spend it with so many wonderful people, either in person or in heart.  I have always loved my special day because my family has always made a BIG deal about this day each year. 

My parents were both in the room the day I made my appearance into this wonderful world and welcomed me with open arms.  I love them dearly for giving me life and raising me into the woman that I am today.  They set the examples that were needed to mold my life.  Thanks Mom and Dad!!!   

Canyon spent Wednesday night with us so he could be here for my birthday.  My day began with  Canyon and Dick brought into the house a beautiful cake, ice cream and a gift, a Kindle.   Since we had not eaten breakfast, Canyon thought it would be a good idea to have cake and ice cream then, but we did not.  They  took me to breakfast at Canyon’s favorite place (and Grandpa Dale’s too), JD’s here in Brigham City. 

I got to talk with Danielle, Brook, Mom and Dad, Kelly, Derek, Russel, Richard, Cody, Tiffeni and Meghan and a host of Facebook well wishers.  What a fun day I had.  My gifts were many and included a new quad (Danielle’s family), a subscription to the San Juan Record (Mom and Dad), a new recipe box, a family album for my purse, a wall hanging (all from Derek, Kelly and little ones) and many beautiful cards from well wishers. 

We were told to be at Derek’s house at 4:30, dressed in our Sunday clothes and to bring a bag so we could spend the night.  We knew nothing other than that.  Our minds ran wild with what was happening for the evening.  Not once did we guess what we would be doing.

7

At 4:45 we were in the car and whisked away to Salt Lake City.  We arrived at Trolley Square and taken into Rodizzio’s (a Brazilian restaurant) where we had the most delicious food.  I was given my gifts.  As we were getting ready to leave, all the servers came to our table with a piece of flan with a lit candle and sang Happy Birthday to me in Brazilian (or whatever it is they speak).  We were all laughing and it was so fun.  Thanks guys.

6

From there we went to the Conference Center.  This was a treat as I had never been inside this gorgeous building. 

8

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir was presenting a concert that night honoring the military. 

3

Wow!!!!! what an awesome experience to be in the presence of this great choir and some very high ranking military personnel and in the presence of this great man in my life. 

2010-12-16_17-31-06_88             Derek

As we were leaving for the evening, this is what was in my view:

1

Yes, this was the perfect end to a perfect day.

Thanks everyone for making me feel like the most special person in your life’s.  I love you all more than words can express.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Happy birthday!!! It looks like you had the best time!