Monday, August 8, 2011

~~~One Crappy Day~~~

Well today has been one hellofaday from beginning to end.  First off my body was to tired to get out of bed so I stayed in a little longer (8:45am) even though I had tons and tons of work to do.

I got all the concession laundry and dishes finished and started my personal laundry when the phone rang.  This was a call that set my entire day on overdrive.  Cache County Fair called and said that they wanted us to set up our booth on Tuesday (tomorrow) instead of Wed.  Okay now we are running double time trying to get all done before tomorrow. 

Dick called Sam’s to see if our pretzels were in and they had to check and call back later.  They called back and yes the pretzel were in and we could pick them up at our convenience. 

I had promised Verdell that I would pick apricots this morning, so I went out to her house and picked two bushels.  Preston helped me get them loaded into my van and then all hell broke loose.  I got into the van and the key would not turn enough for the engine to start.  I pulled out the key and tried again.  Same problem, no start!!!  I kept trying but not success.  Verdell and Jim came out and they could not get it to turn either.  The key was solidly stuck in the ignition and would not budge so I called Dick and he came out and he was not a successful key turner either.  Now my mind is racing full blown and I did not know how I was going to get that car out of her yard and home.  Dick remembered that we had towing on our vehicles and we called the insurance company and they said to call the towing of our choice and them bill State Farm.  Dick called Big O and they gave us a towing company to use and have the towing company bring the van to them and they would look at it.  So we called and waited for them to come get the car.  What a relief it was when the van was delivered to Big O.

We got home and had to leave for Ogden to get our supplies for this week’s event.  Dick was driving through Willard faster than the speed limit and there on the side of the road was Officer Pilivi, who is our neighbor and in our ward, just waiting for that dumb driver that is going to fast and then the lights begin to flash.  He pulled over and was given a ticket for speeding.  Officer Pilivi asked Dick if he was aware of his speed and Dick told him he knew he was going faster than the 45 that was posted.  I have repeatedly told Dick where the speed limit sign is, but he does not pay attention to me and I knew that one day he was going to get caught.

We get to Ogden and run in to Sam’s to get the items that we needed for the event.  We got home and loaded the trailer and now it is ready to go in the morning.

I started canning apricots and got 3/4 of one box done and still have the remainder of the box and two big buckets to do tomorrow after I get back from Logan.  Tonight I have 7 quarts of apricots, 8 pints of apricot/pineapple sauce and 5 quarts of juice. 

With everything going like it did today, I was pretty productive and even did 4 loads of personal laundry and we are all ready to leave in the morning to set up our booth at Cache County Fair in Logan.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Oh sweetie! xoxox I'm glad to hear you worked it all out.