Tuesday, August 16, 2011

WOW~~~Almost Done..

Last week we were at the Cache County Fair in Logan.  I love where are booth is each year under the tall old trees that keep the hot sun off of us.  There is a bubbling brook that runs directly in back of the booth that is filled with playing children.  Laughter is heard everywhere.  We even had our own security when the Homeland Security officers asked if they could rest on our chairs.  Yep, they even arrested a gang member while they were there.  Pretty exciting things happens at the fairs.

This week we are at the Davis County Fair in Farmington.  Today we set up the booth and the fair runs Wednesday through Saturday.  This is such a fantastic fair and so family planned.  We enjoy this fair very much and the people that we work with are the best.  For five years we have been in the same place and it makes it nice as all my customers know right where we will be each year.

This year we are doing fried Pop-tarts.  We will see what the success this new food will bring us.  We are also going to experiment with fried Kool-Aid.  This might be a fun thing or it might be a bad thing.  We will see after a few days at the fair.

I can’t believe that we are almost done for the year.  After this fair we only have Peach Days in September.  It is a sad feeling to be ending our season.  Maybe my body will heal and next season will be better for me.  This has really been a tough one.  Lets hope for all the aches and pains to leave and energy galore to fill my soul.

OH!!!! my grapes are ready and I get to dry them and make raisins next week.  I am the luckiest girl in the world.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Put your feet up and take a little break before you do the grapes. xoxo