Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our Future Missionary….

DSCN3554

Yesterday Canyon’s very best friend, Henry, was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  This was a very special day for our Canyon boy.  During this past year he has been such a fantastic missionary to Henry.  He made sure that Henry had a ride to all of the church meetings and to all scouting activities. 

This past week the missionaries called Canyon and asked him to go with them to give Henry the very last discussion before he was to be baptized.  Our special little boy got all dressed up like a missionary, took his scriptures and went to Henry’s house.  He participated in the lesson and read passages from his scriptures.  What a wonderful experience this was for Canyon to be part of his best friends conversion. 

Henry’s parents have not been members of the church very long, maybe a couple of years or so.  Because Henry was not baptized while he was eight, he had to be taught by the missionaries before he could enter the waters of baptism. 

I am so proud of this boy and his dedication to the Lord.  He really has a strong love for the gospel and he amazes me constantly at his comprehension of the gospel principles and doctrines.  I am looking forward to the day when he is serving the Lord on a mission and dedicating his time to teaching the gospel to others.

1 comment:

Tawna said...

I have tried to email you a couple of times but they keep getting sent back to me!! I am having a baby shower Tues (tomorrow!) I know its short notice but if you and Kelly wanted to come, email me and I'll get you the address and time.
Thanks
Tawna
tawnaf@hotmail.com