Thursday, August 4, 2011

Oregano Headboard Bench and End Table…

DSCN4108
I love this bench and have had a hard time trying to part with it.  There isn’t anything I don’t like about it.  There is something about the back that just seems to draw me in.  I have fallen in LOVE with the color oregano so that is the color that Dick painted the bench then glazed in black.
DSCN4109
I am so taken with the posts on this bench.  They seem to set off the entire look that we were trying to capture.
DSCN4127
After the distressing was finished, the bench just took on a different character and the medallion just wants to pop right out at you.
DSCN4128
We found this table at our favorite store in the whole wide world, DI’s.  When my eye caught a glimpse of it, I went as fast as my legs would take me to grab the ticket off before anyone else could buy it.  It was an ugly brown (no before picture as the painter man beat me before pictures were taken).  After a light sanding and a good coat of primer and spray paint this is what we came up with.  It too is in the oregano and glazed with black.
DSCN4137
DSCN4134
I love how the table and bench compliment each other.  Tomorrow I get to bring them into my home to enjoy until they find a new home.
DSCN4132

1 comment:

chapman family said...

Love, love, love the bench.