Thursday, March 5, 2009

Settling back into life....


I am settling back into my life before Denver. My, it sure is a slower pace than chasing two little ones all day, but not as rewarding. I sure do miss my little munchkins and their sweet kisses. I call everyday just to make sure they are still happy and healthy.






I have been busy trying to get ready for my four spring craft fairs beginning on April 1st. Superhero capes are coming along, but not as fast as needed. By the time the fairs begin I should be well on my way to having almost 100 capes done and hopefully that will be a good start for the season. Last year we sold 200 and could have sold more if I had had them made. I have enough dresses left over from last season to begin, but want to make some jumpers.

My latest investment was an embroidery machine and let me tell you it is so fun. I made a darling blanket for Payton before I went to Denver. It was a light pink fleece with a decorative edging of hot pink then I embroidered a butterfly in one of the corners in the hot pink. This week I embroidered Dad's name on some towels for his birthday and they turned out awesome. This will be fun to incorporate some fun embroidery into our business.


Thoughts of Brook have been so hard to dismiss. She moved to Phoenix just after having the c-section and when they got there the house that they had rented was a wreck inside and filthy. They can't get the property management people to help them with the carpeting. With little ones playing on the floor, the carpeting has to be clean. Brea is constantly finding glass shards and taking to Brook. Once she gets it cleaned to her satisfaction, then I know that she will be happy. This is a pix of her house that she sent me. It is so cute on the outside and it really is a big home with 1700 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, formal living room and a great room, dining, kitchen combo. We are anxious to go see her in the fall.
Well, there was a ton of event applications waiting for me to fill out and get turned back in so that has taken up a chunk of time. All in all it is good to get back into the old routine and spending quality time with my sweet hubby.

No comments: